Citizen Boards & Commissions
The WMCDA meets the fourth Monday of the month at 6 pm in the West Milwaukee Community Centre’ located at 1345 South 47th Street.
- Chairperson Craig Schaefer
- Commissioner William Elliott
- Commissioner Joseph Van DerLinden
- Commissioner Donald Michna
- Commissioner Jennifer Andreas
- Commissioner Jane Edgar
- Commissioner Gerald Sormrude
West Milwaukee Plan Commission:
Plan commission members need to be prepared for the business to be discussed at the meetings. They should take time to review each proposal in light of the comprehensive plan and applicable land use. If a major development is involved, they can talk to the engineer or to others for a technical review information. They review planning documents, zoning, conditional use requests and signage.
The Plan Commission consists of seven (7) members, including the Village President who serves as Chairperson, one appointed member of the Village Board, and five (5) citizen appointees with background and experience with financing of projects.
The Plan Commission meets the second Tuesday of the month at 6 pm in the West Milwaukee Community Centre’ located at 1345 South 47th Street.
- Chairperson John Stalewski
- Commissioner Shad Andreas
- Commissioner Ronald Hayward
- Commissioner Carl Knapp
- Commissioner Richard Lewein
- Commissioner Susan Stalewski
The Tourism Commission will oversee the collection and expenditure of room tax revenue and to make allowable expenditures for tourism promotion and tourism development. In addition, the Commission shall monitor the collection and expenditure of the room tax.
The Tourism Commission consists of 5 members, 1 of which is a representative of the Wisconsin hotel and motel industry. Members are appointed by the Village President and confirmed by the Village Board. (Ord. 01-O-2017 adopted February 20, 2017).
The Tourism Commission meets as needed, determined by the Commission Chairperson.
- Village President John Stalewski
- Trustee John Ragonese (Chairperson)
- Trustee Craig Schaefer (Secretary)
- Hotel/Motel Representative Erik Unmuth