NEW: Short Term Rentals, or Tourist Rooming Houses, Permits! 

Interested in renting out your home or property on Airbnb? Rental of a whole or partial residence to visitors for less than a month is commonly known as a Short Term Rental (STR). The legal term in Wisconsin is a Tourist Rooming House (TRH). All Village of West Milwaukee TRHs must be licensed through the West Allis Health Department and inspected annually to verify the operation meets all requirements of Wisconsin law related to general public health. For more information, see the following attachments (the “Short Term Rentals Form” is the only mandatory form to first apply): 

Short Term Rentals Form

Short Term Rentals Room Tax

Short Term Rentals Checklist  

Short Term Rentals Guide

Permit Fees

Permits and Forms