Serving the Community with Pride
The Department of Public Works (DPW) is located behind the fire station at (4517 West Burnham Street). The department has a staff of six equipment operators, one mechanic and a superintendent.
2018 HOLIDAY REFUSE/RECYCLING PICKUP SCHEDULE
The Department of Public Works announces that the Holiday schedule for refuse/recycling will be as follows:
Normal Pickup Date Holiday Schedule Pickup Date
Tuesday, July 3, 2018 No change
Wednesday, July 4, 2018 Friday, July 6, 2018
Thursday, July 5, 2018 No change
SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT (SUMMER HIRE)
The Village of West Milwaukee is accepting applications for seasonal employment until Friday, June 1, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. Job duties are general labor. Applicant must have a valid driver’s license, high school diploma or G.E.D equivalent. Position wage is $10.68 per hr. Work hours will be 7:00 am to 3:30 pm – Monday thru Friday.
Applications are available at:
Village Of West Milwaukee
4755 W. Beloit Road
- Basement Back Ups
- Downspout Disconnect
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Recycling Guide
- Yard Waste Disposal
- Rain Barrels
- Lead Awareness and Drinking Water Safety (brochure)
In 2014 the Public Works Committee and Board of Trustees voted to purchase and provide Village issued refuse containers to all residential properties that currently receive trash pick-up from the West Milwaukee DPW. One tip cart was provided to each residential unit at no cost. If the refuse container is lost or damaged it is the residents responsibility to replace the container.
Containers are available for purchase from the Village of West Milwaukee. Please pay for the cart in the Clerk’s Office located at 4755 W Beloit Road and then the cart can be picked up by calling (414) 645-6238 weekdays between the hours of 7:00 am and 3:30 pm.
Carts are available in the 96 gallon size and cost $50. Prices are subject to change.
See attached for more information: Policy.
Drop Off Center
Open 7 am – 3:30 pm Monday- Friday, Excluding Holiday
4517 West Burnham Streer
- Corrugated cardboard – flattened and tied in bundles
- Magazines – tied in bundles
- Office Paper – separate whites from colors
- Phone books
Used motor oil only can be put in the motor oil collection tank, located by the Public Works Building
Special garbage pick-ups are the second Monday of every month.
Available for items too large for normal collections or debris that would take an extended period of time to collect.
Yard Waste Disposal
When: Every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month – (April through November)
What: Grass – Leaves – Branches – Garden Waste
- Alley garbage pick-up
- Curb side garbage pick-up between the curb and sidewalk
- Bring your yard waste to the Department of Public Works at 4517 West Burnham Street
- Use a garbage can marked “yard waste”. If the container holding the yard waste is not properly marked, the yard waste will not be picked up.
- If a plastic bag is used for yard waste, it will not be picked up.
- You should not put rakings of dead grass in the curb, as heavy rains will wash down the grass and plug up the sewers.
Additional Recycling Bins may be purchased in the Clerk/Treasurer’s Department for $14.57 includes tax