Serving the Community with Pride
Superintendent James Stenzel
Department of Public Works
4517 West Burnham Street
Phone: (414) 645-6238
DPW Hours: Monday – Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
After-hours emergency line: (414) 645-2151
The Department of Public Works (DPW) is located behind the fire station at 4517 W. Burnham St. The department has a staff of six equipment operators, one mechanic, and a superintendent.
DPW is Hiring!
If interested in applying, please submit your application to the Clerk’s Department at 4755 W Beloit Road. Applicants must also be able to attend a written examination on a date TBD. If candidate passes background check and written test, they will be invited to a physical agility test on a date to be determined.
For any questions, please call (414) 645-1530 or email email@example.com.
- 2023/2024 Holiday Schedule
- 2024 Calendar
- 2023 Calendar
- Adopt Your Drain
- Basement Back Ups
- Downspout Disconnect
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Lead Awareness and Drinking Water Safety
- Rain Barrels
- Recycling Guidewestmilwaukee.org/…/Holiday-Refuse-Pickup-2023.jpg
- Yard Waste
- Village Street Map
- 2022 MS4 Annual Report – Village of West Milwaukee
- MS4 Storm Water Management Program Documents
In 2014 the Public Works Committee and Board of Trustees voted to purchase and provide Village-issued refuse containers to all residential properties that currently receive trash pick-up from the West Milwaukee DPW. One tip cart was provided to each residential unit at no cost. If the refuse container is lost or damaged, it is the resident’s responsibility to replace the container.
Containers are available for purchase from the Village of West Milwaukee. Please pay for the cart in the Clerk’s Office located at 4755 W Beloit Road. The cart can be picked up by calling (414) 645-6238 weekdays between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Carts are available in the 96-gallon size and cost $50. Prices are subject to change.
See the policy for more information.
Drop Off CenterOpen 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 pm and Monday- Friday, excluding holidays.4517 W. Burnham StreetAccepted Material
- Corrugated cardboard – flattened and tied in bundles
- Magazines – tied in bundles
- Office Paper – separate whites from colors
- Phone books
Special garbage pick-ups are on the second Monday of every month.
Available for items too large for normal collections or debris that would take an extended period of time to collect.
Yard Waste Disposal
When: Every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month (April through November)
What: Grass – Leaves – Branches – Garden Waste
- Alley garbage pick-up
- Curbside garbage pick-up between the curb and sidewalk
- Bring your yard waste to the Department of Public Works at 4517 West Burnham Street
- Use a garbage can marked “yard waste”. If the container holding the yard waste is not properly marked, the yard waste will not be picked up.
- If a plastic bag is used for yard waste, it will not be picked up.
- You should not put rakings of dead grass in the curb, as heavy rains will wash down the grass and plug up the sewers.
Additional Recycling Bins may be purchased in the Clerk/Treasurer’s Department for $14.57 (including tax).